GEOLOGIC AND HYDROLOGIC SERVICES
Hudson Highlands Environmental Consulting offers over 30 years of professional experience in a variety of geologic, hydrologic, and GIS services, including:
- Geologic investigations and site characterizations.
- Geologic field mapping and map production.
- Characterization of bedrock geology, soils, and sediments.
- Fracture trace analyses.
- Photogrammetric interpretations including assessment of changes in land use and community character over time.
- GIS assessments including slope and viewshed analyses.
- Assessment of sites for mine suitability (unconsolidated and bedrock).
- Assessments of available groundwater quantity established by either conducting aquifer tests or evaluating existing drawdown and recovery data.
- Determination of aquifer safe yields.
- Evaluation, sampling, and monitoring of water quality and contaminant migration.
- Groundwater Under the Direct Influence of surface water (GWUDI) assessments.
- Evaluation of SEQRA and other technical reports by other consultants and agencies for accuracy.
- Assessment of hydraulic fracturing and related groundwater and methane flow.
- Karst investigations, characterizations, and presentations.
- Assessment of spring and groundwater supplies as possible bottled water sources.
- Determination of reservoir, river, and stream safe yields.
- Field characterization of stream morphology and flood zones using Rosgen methodologies.
- Flood return interval analyses.
- Measurement of low flow on and near sites to assess potential contaminant assimilation.
- Conduct site characterizations.
- Development of bathymetric maps and related lake volume determinations.
- Assist clients in identifying issues and developing strategies designed to protect groundwater and surface water resources.
Expert Testimony, Graphics, Presentations & Reports
- Preparation of technical affidavits and reports.
- Expert testimony before judges at hearings.
- Development of professional GIS maps and graphics for testimony and reports.
- Presentations before Towns and assorted groups.
- Review and analysis of technical documents and reports.