CLIMATE CHANGE/ SUSTAINABILITY OR “GREEN” SERVICES
CLIMATE CHANGE SERVICES
Hudson Highlands Environmental Consulting has extensive experience in assisting companies and municipalities address climate change issues in such a way to maximize economic benefits. Climate change is an issue of grave, worldwide importance. A growing number of constituents and stakeholders are looking at companies and municipalities to lead the way to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs), an acknowledged contributor to climate change. What many entities are not aware of is that many strategies developed to reduce GHG emissions are economically positive, allowing you to have a Return on Investment (ROI) and ultimately benefit you in many economic ways.
We offer the following services:
- Development of a robust, successful Climate Change program from scratch with reasonable goals,
- GHG emission inventories (carbon footprinting), using internationally-accepted methodologies,
- Energy usage evaluations,
- Green building assessments, such as gap analyses to determine if your buildings meet LEED green building standards or how much upfront in vestment would be necessary to upgrade a building to LEED,
- Strategic evaluations to reduce your GHG emissions while maximizing financial gains, as well as management of implementation of approved strategies,
- External program coordination, application for registration of successes in any of several registries, and determination of qualifications for carbon credits
- Climate change program and system development and training so that your staff can continue your program independent of us.
SUSTAINABILITY OR “GREEN” SERVICES
Hudson Highlands Environmental Consulting has extensive experience in assisting companies and municipalities develop a beneficial “green” or sustainability program. Sustainability is an accepted business practice. It is the movement to maintain operations and services and profits while conserving resources and reducing waste for future generations. More and more entities recognize that given the growing cost of and potential shortage of necessary resources, such as energy, water, and raw materials, it is a business imperative to minimize their use, as well as minimize the production of waste which must be processed. Entities that have addressed sustainability issues in such a way have maximized economic benefits. Developing a systematic sustainability or “green” program has provided many entities throughout the world with tangible benefits, raising from significant savings in expenses to greater employee retention and from the ability to impress the growing number of customers who are demanding green metrics to the development of true “green” products or services to raise revenue or improve image.
For sustainability and “green” program services, we can offer:
- Pre-planning and organization of a Sustainability or “Green” program inclusive of interested stakeholders and development of reasonable goals,
- Development of data gathering tools for energy use, GHG emissions, water use, and waste generation, using internationally-accepted methodologies,
- Strategic evaluations to reduce your emissions, resource usage, and waste generation, while maximizing financial gains, as well as management of implementation of approved strategies,
- External program coordination, application for registration of successes in any of several registries, maximizing publicity for your successes, and determination of qualifications for carbon credits
- Sustainability or “green” program and system development and training so that your staff can continue your program independent of us.