JOHN J. LYNCH, AICP
JOHN J. LYNCH, AICP
John J. Lynch is certified as a professional planner by the American Institute of Community Planners (AICP). With a quarter century of experience in the planning field, Mr. Lynch is as equally well versed with the myriad of planning issues surrounding urban development projects in Manhattan as he is with development on the watershed lands in Westchester and Dutchess Counties. Mr. Lynch also has a strong fiscal background and has performed market studies for shopping centers and big box retailers to maximize proper site selection.
Primary services offered by this consortium member can be found on the following pages (click on to see):
Pratt Institute, M.S., City and Regional Planning, 1990
New York University, B.A., Politics/Sociology, 1995
Environmental Assessment Association, Certified Environmental Inspector, 1992
John J. Lynch, AICP
Planning Consultant, 2009 to present
City of Peekskill, New York
Consulting Planner, 2002 to present
Edward M. Weinstein Architecture and Planning, PC, Hastings-on-Hudson, New York
Consulting Planner, 2002 to present
Tim Miller Associates, Inc., Cold Spring, New York
Director of Planning / Senior Consulting Planner, 1987 to 2001
Jed S. Marcus / Insite North, Inc., Brooklyn, New York
Consulting Planner / Intern, 1986 to 1987
The following represents a sampling of assignments over the past 25 years:
- Assisted Bronxville with review of Metro-North Commuter Railroad’s expansion plans.
- Assisted Yorktown, Cortlandt, Putnam Valley and Philipstown with master planning efforts.
- Have worked extensively with New York City agencies on environmental review, due diligence and permitting requirements.
- Performed market studies for major and minor development projects in Westchester County.
- Worked with NYC Parks Department on restrictive declarations and maintenance & operating agreements for waterfront public access areas throughout New York City.
- Assisted numerous projects with thorough environmental review without Environmental Impact Statements.
- Procured licenses for underwater activities in Long Island Sound from NYS Office of General Services.
- Performed highest and best use analysis for last remaining privately owned island in NYC waterways.
- Obtained FEMA map revisions for waterfront projects in the floodplain for Haverstraw.
- Obtained Department of State consistency certification on many projects throughout Hudson Valley.
- Assisted Army Corps as needed with satisfying NEPA and Section 106 requirements for project applications throughout the Hudson Valley.
- Provided fiscal impact review for community organization for large-scale development of major public-private land holding (Tuxedo).
- Assisted Peekskill and Haverstraw with reviving / preserving prior approvals for waterfront projects.
- Obtained permit approvals from NYS Department of Environmental Conservation for large waterfront redevelopment project in Rockland County (Haverstraw).
- Understand DEC air emissions permitting requirements.
- Obtained permit approvals for seawall reconstruction in New Rochelle.
- Assisted City of Rye with disposition of inherited waterfront estate.
- Assisted Peekskill, Riverhead, Haverstraw and Greenport in completing Local Waterfront Revitalization Program documents for State Department of State concurrence.
- Procured grant moneys for Village of Greenport (Long Island).
- Prepared NEPA documentation for controversial affordable housing program in Yonkers.
- Prepared SEQRA documentation and due diligence studies for municipally-sponsored projects in Yonkers, Croton-on-Hudson, Port Chester, New Rochelle, New Castle, Mamaroneck and Peekskill, among others.
- Worked with wireless carriers and municipalities to locate, collocate and to mitigate effects of cellular towers and wireless installations.
- Assisted individuals and businesses with response to NYS DEC violations.
- Developed business relocation opportunities for potential major redevelopment project in New Rochelle.
- Authored ordinances, zoning text amendments and zoning map changes for municipalities, and provided administrative guidance as needed.
- Provided testimony to US Bankruptcy Court for major solid waste facility / municipal litigation.
- Developed business relationships for consulting firm for due diligence reviews (Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments, etc.).
- Oversaw data collection activities as needed.
- Interpreted NYS regulations relative to tidal and freshwater wetland, and air emissions permitting, SEQRA, the Uniform Procedures Act, coastal management and historic preservation.
- Authored many Environmental Impact Statements and related environmental documents (including generic and programmatic EIS’s)
Assisted communities with environmental review of municipal facilities
Engaged and supervised other technical personnel (biologists, wetlands scientists, engineers, traffic engineers, noise technicians and analysts, etc.) as needed to identify, evaluate and/or present information.
- Performed fiscal reviews of many projects.
- Assisted in authoring inclusionary zoning text for NYC.
- Assembled potential sites for affordable housing in Brooklyn, New York.
- Worked with programs that were intended to spur the development of affordable housing, including tax credit, tax abatement, grants and loans in Westchester, NYC and NYS.
- Authored Section 197-a Plan for Community Board in NYC.
- Provided assistance for major construction project near Ground Zero with regard to applicable floodplain regulations.
- Working knowledge of residential underwriting (financing) process including programs to increase homeownership opportunities in NYS.
- Developed presentation for shoreline to mountain funicular service for Hudson Valley development company (Ginsburg Development Companies, LLC).
- Assisted New Castle with recreational programming and environmental review for major open space gift (New Castle).
- Assisted Haverstraw with Design Approval Document required by NYS Department of Transportation.
- Assisted Croton-on-Hudson with environmental documentation and construction of segment of Hudson Riverwalk.
- Worked with communities and County government on environmental, zoning variance and planning review of affordable housing developments.
- Prepared NEPA review of an alternative housing plan for large municipality (under court oversight relating to a desegregation order).
- Procured ACOE and DEC permits, and NYS DOS concurrence for redevelopment of the major portion of downtown Haverstraw waterfront.
- Worked with Yonkers Fair Housing Implementation office in executing fair housing plans, as needed.
- Provided due diligence services (Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments) for affordable housing projects in NYC (rehabilitated under auspices of City Department of Housing Preservation and Development).
- Provided expediting services for large NYS / NYC park along Hudson River waterfront (Hudson River Park).
- Procured permits for water taxi landing sites for growing NYC-based water taxi service.
- Assisted developer with addressing stop-work order and violations for major waterfront residential project in the Bronx, NYC.
- Provided consultation as needed for many waterfront projects including marinas, docks, piers, and potential filling and other in-water activities throughout Westchester and Rockland counties and New York City.
- Prepared and oversaw preparation of environmental documentation for largest affordable housing project in Brooklyn, NYC (up to that time).
- Worked with programs that are intended to spur the development of affordable housing, including tax credits, tax abatements, grants and loans in Westchester, NYC and NYS.
- Worked closely with numerous municipalities and Westchester County on environmental, zoning variance and planning review of affordable housing developments.
- Prepared NEPA review of an alternative housing plan for the City of Yonkers (under court oversight relating to a desegregation order).
- Worked with City of Yonkers Fair Housing Implementation office in implementing fair housing plan.
- Oversaw bidding and selection process for large affordable housing development in Yonkers.
- Provided due diligence services (Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments) affordable housing projects in NYC (rehabilitated under auspices of City Department of Housing Preservation and Development).
- Prepared market study and recommendation for large cabinet manufacturer and design and installation company in NYC.
- Prepared environmental documentation for City of Peekskill for Central Firehouse construction and consolidation of Fire Department.
- Provided testimony as third party witness and land use expert for civil rights litigation involving Westchester municipality (Peekskill).
- Assisted Peekskill with land use and environmental review of industrial development and retention and relocation projects.
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION / MEMBERSHIP
American Planning Association
American Institute of Certified Planners
Westchester Municipal Planning Federation